Karate Seminar this Weekend with Sensei Iain Abernethy (May 2-4, 2014)
We are happy to welcome Sensei Iain Abernethy who will be travelling from the UK to Enso’s Chicago dojo this weekend, May 2 through 4, 2014. Space is still available for all or selected sessions.
Iain has written a number of critically acclaimed books on the practical application of traditional martial arts and is well known for his work on the pragmatic use of the techniques and concepts recorded in the traditional kata. He has written many articles and produced videos on these subjects. This seminar provides a chance to learn and practice with Sensei Abernethy in person.
Students are sure to gain new insights and skills to apply kata-based techniques to practical situations. Participants will be attending from around the midwest, from out of state.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. All are invited to attend this unique training opportunity!
Friday, May 2, 2014. 6 – 8 pm
- Foundational Bunkai
Saturday, May 3, 2014. 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday, May 4, 2013. 9 am – 1 pm
- Historical Development/Background of Kata
- The 4 stage Approach to Kata
- How to Analyze the Movements of Kata
- The Nature of Live Conflict
- How to Create Effective Bunkai Drills
- Karate Grappling (throws, locks, chokes, strangles, groundwork)
- Kata Applications (Heian/Pinan series, Tekki/Naihanchi, Kushanku/Kanku-Dai, Passai/Bassai-Dai,Gankaku/Chinto, others as time allows)
- Kata-Based-Sparring (live bunkai drills)
- $175 All Sessions (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- $35 Friday Night ONLY
Prorated fees to attend selection sessions is available. Please contact us for more information.
Open to adults 7th kyu and above, and teens 3rd kyu and above
Pay online through our online store or mail a check to Enso: 412 S. Wells Street, 7th Floor, Chicago, IL 60607.