How will it work?
Let’s make Enso history together!
STEP 1: CHECK YOUR LOG-IN TIME
If you registered for the exam, you were placed into a testing group. Each group has its own log-in time for the exam. When you log-in, you will automatically be placed into a “waiting room” until all examinees are present and the judges are ready for you. Check your log-in time.
STEP 2: PREPARE FOR THE EXAM REQUIREMENTS
To prepare your karate, we suggest that you:
- Train at least twice a week at the Online Dojo
- Sign-up for at least two one-on-one feedback sessions offered for free by 10 of our instructors
- Familiarize yourself with our new online testing requirements, modified to optimize for tight spaces!
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR TESTING SPACE
To prepare your testing environment, we ask that you try to ensure the following is ready before testing day:
- Space to move at least 2 steps forward/back
- Camera set-up that allows instructors to see the student’s whole body (note: it’s ok if we see a side view instead of a forward-facing view!)
- Good lighting – usually lights on and shades closed is best
- Sound on without any distracting background noise (dogs, TVs, etc.)
- Name displayed with the student’s name and current rank
- Internet speed of at least 3.0 Mbps (do a simple speed test to find out)
- Most recent version of Zoom (updates required by May 30)
STEP 4: TAKE THE EXAM
Each exam will only take 15-20 minutes. Here are some pointers for testing day:
- Dress appropriately. On testing day, you must wear your gi and belt. Just like at the dojo, please don’t wear any jewelry, watches. We recommend keeping long hair out of your face, too.
- Arrive early. We suggest you log in a few minutes early to avoid any last-minute technical issues. You will be placed in a “waiting room” while we complete the exam ahead of you.
- Invite guests! Parents, grandparents, and friends can still come and watch this milestone! However, we are asking that they register in advance. Everyone will be placed in the “waiting room” upon arrival, and only expected guests will be allowed in. Guests will be muted, and we’ll ask that they turn off their video.
STEP 5: CELEBRATE YOUR NEXT RANK
Yes, you will get a certificate and new belt! Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 6th, when we will have two pick-up windows — 12:00-2:00 PM in Oak Park, and 3:00-5:00 in the Loop. We will send additional details after the exam.
QUESTIONS? CONCERNS? SUGGESTIONS?
This is a new experience for all of us. As always, we welcome and appreciate your feedback! Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.